If you are an art lover, dreaming of being an art collector and exploring the exciting world of contemporary art then fine art prints are a perfect place to start.
Modern paintings and contemporary art prints also make treasured gifts and taking the time to choose artwork for someone special is a lovely way to show how much that person means to you. There is no right or wrong way to collect art. However, if you’re buying as an investment, for pleasure or as a gift there are certain factors to bear in mind.
Here are my top tips for choosing your fine art print:
- Follow your heart and choose something you fall in love with. Buy art that speaks to you. Remember your art collection will become a reflection of your taste.
- Consider your space. I think the art should always come first and where you hang your piece second, however it is helpful to have a room and wall in mind when you’re considering your purchase. Small prints hung on a large wall will look lost. With larger works, where possible, allow room to sit or stand back to enjoy and lose yourself in the work.
- Colour – be bold, you don’t need an exact colour match but choose colours that will make you smile.
- Buy a limited edition print. An authentic edition will be dated and numbered. Ensure you find out how many will be printed and if you get in early your print may gain in value as more sell.
- Use social media to inspire your choice. Instagram and Pinterest are fabulous platforms to discover art!
Flight – fine art paper print. Photo credit: Victoria Harrison
A Garden Full Of Dreams 1 Fine Art A3 Paper Print – Photo Credit Janice Issitt
BUY FINE ART PRINTS
All prints are dated and given an edition number by my fine art photographer and printer. All 200 limited edition paper prints are digitally signed. All 50 limited edition canvas and diasec prints come with a hand signed certificate of authenticity.